The Oasis Guest House is centrally located in Boston, walking distance from the Hynes Convention center, Newbury Street, Boston Symphony Hall, and a multitude of shops and restaurants.
Car (North, South, East)
- Find your location:
- South of Boston, take I-93 N
- North of Boston, take I-93 S
- First find your way to the corner of Massachusetts Ave. and Boylston St.
- At this point you drive South on Mass. Ave. (away from the Charles River). On your right you will pass Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks Coffee on Haviland St.
- Proceed to the next intersection which is Westland Ave. Symphony Hall will be in front of you on the right.
- Turn Right onto Westland Ave. (almost a U-Turn) and take the very first right onto Edgerly Rd. Whole Foods supermarket will be on your left.
- Proceed until you come to the townhouses. The Oasis is 22 Edgerly Rd. on the right.
Car (West, Mass Turnpike)
- Take the Copley Square/Prudential Center Exit (Exit 22) from the tunnel under the Prudential Center.
- The exit splits, so stay to your left, following the signs for the Prudential Center.
- As you come out of the exit, continue straight ahead after the stop sign. You are now on Huntington Ave.
- Stay to the right; do not take the underpass.
- Turn right onto Mass. Ave. and move to the left lane. You will pass Symphony Hall on your left.
- At the first set of traffic lights, bear left onto Westland Ave. (This is the street just after Sovereign Bank; do not take St. Stephen Street which is just before the bank.)
- Take the very first right onto Edgerly Rd.
- Proceed until you come to the townhouses.
- The Oasis is 22 Edgerly Rd. on the right
MBTA (Subway, the 'T')
- The closest 'T' stop is called Hynes Convention Center (corner of Mass. Ave. and Boylston St.) on the Green B, C, and D lines.
- When you exit the 'T' station, use the Mass. Ave. exit, turn left and proceed south on Mass. Ave. A Best Buy store will be behind you on your left.
- After you cross Boylston St., take your first right onto Haviland St. There is a Dunkin Donuts and a Starbucks Coffee on the right corner.
- Proceed to the first street on the left - this is Edgerly Rd.
- Make a left on Edgerly. The Oasis is 22 Edgerly Rd. on the left.
From Logan Airport:
- Tell the driver that Edgerly Rd. is near Symphony Hall, off of Westland Ave.
- Recommend taking Storrow Dr. and using the Fenway Exit to Westland Ave.
- The fare should be approximately $33.00, depending on traffic conditions.
- Take the Sumner Tunnel into the city.
- When you come out of the tunnel, take the ramp to your left that leads to the Expressway (93) North.
- Stay to your right on the highway and take the Storrow Dr. exit (1/4 mile).
- Follow Storrow Dr. (runs along the Charles River) until you come to the exit for Copley Square/Back Bay. This is a left-sided exit.
- Stay to your right and turn right onto Beacon St. Follow Beacon St. until you come to Massachusetts Ave.
- Turn left and follow Mass. Ave. south (the Charles River will be behind you).
- Drive past Boylston St. and take the second right onto Westland Ave.
- Take the very first right onto Edgerly Rd. Whole Foods supermarket will be on your left.
- Proceed until you come to the townhouses.
- The Oasis is 22 Edgerly Rd. on the right.
MBTA (Subway, the 'T')
Please note that the Government Center station (on the green and blue subway lines) is closed for renovation until April 2016. Trains will pass through this station, but will not stop there.
We recommend an alternate route. It's free from the airport to our house; there is no need to pay when you change trains or from the bus to the train. Travel time is about 30 minutes:
- Take the free Silver Line SL1 bus to the South Station subway stop.
- At South Station change for the RED line subway going INBOUND (going toward Harvard/Alewife).
- Go 2 stops and get off at Park Street station where you will change to the GREEN line; go upstairs (to track 1 or 2).
- Take a GREEN line train with a letter B, C, or D on the front of the train. The final destination will be Boston College (B train), Cleveland Circle (C train) or Riverside (D train). (Do not take an E line train).
- Get off at the Hynes Convention Center (corner of Mass. Ave. and Boylston St.) station.
- When you exit the 'T' station, use the Mass. Ave. exit (the main exit), turn left and proceed south on Mass. Ave.
- After you cross Boylston St., take your first right onto Haviland St. (There is a Dunkin Donuts and a Starbucks Coffee on the right corner).
- Proceed to the first street on the left - this is Edgerly Rd. Make a left on Edgerly Rd.
- The Oasis is 22 Edgerly Rd. on the left.
Back Bay Logan Express bus
The Back Bay Logan Express bus is $5.00 per person (one-way). The bus goes to the Hynes Convention Center on Boylston St. which is a 5 minute walk to our guest house. Travel time is about 20-25 minutes. If you have purchased a 7 day subway/bus pass (available for purchase inside the airport terminal for $18.00), the bus is free. (This offer is subject to change).
The Back Bay Logan Express bus departs every 20 minutes outside baggage claim. The bus stops at all airline terminals. The first bus leaves Logan airport at 6am; the last bus leaves Logan airport at 10pm. From the baggage clam area go outside and look for the blue, white and orange bus with a sign that reads Back Bay Logan Express; please check with the driver to make sure the bus goes to the Hynes Convention Center (there are similar looking buses that go elsewhere). The bus also stops at Copley Square, so be sure to get off at the Hynes Convention Center.
From the Hynes Convention Center (located on Boylston St.) walk down Boylston St. going towards Massachusetts Ave. (If the Hynes Convention Center is on your left and the fire station across the street is oyour right, then you are walkingowards Massachusetts Ave. in the correct direction). When you get to the intersection of Boylston Street and Massachusetts Ave. please cross Massachusetts Ave. and turn left onto Massachusetts Ave. At the next traffic light take a right onto Haviland St. (there is a Starbucks Coffee and a Dunkin' Donuts on the right corner). Go one block and take a left onto Edgerly Rd. We are at 22 Edgerly Rd. a few doors down on the left. There is a sign to the right of our front door that reads, 'Oasis Guest House.'
If you are going to the airport, the Back Bay Logan Express departs every 20 minutes in front of the Hynes Convention Center on Boylston St. The first bus leaves the Hynes Convention Center at 5am; the last bus leaves the Hynes Convention Center at 10pm. The bus departs on the hour, at 20 minutes past the hour and 40 minutes past the hour.